PEI Jewish Community
Celebrates the High Holy Days
The PEIJC would like to wish everyone in the community a very happy and prosperous New Year. Shanah Tova!
Please bring a folding chair for the prayer services!
1. Rosh Hashanah (and Pot luck – dairy, vegetarian or meat dishes are ok. Please bring your own serving dishes and serving utensils) – Thurs Sept 21 10:30 am
2. Kol Nidre – Friday September 29 at 7:30 pm
3. Yom Kippur – Saturday September 30 at 10:30 am
Location: Home of Rachel Kassner and Joel Palter 35 Glencove Dr. in Stratford.
Directions from Charlottetown: Take the Hillsborough Bridge from Charlottetown to Stratford. Turn right at the first stoplight (the Esso Station) onto Stratford Rd. After you pass the big blue church on your left (about 2 km.) bear to your right and Glencove Dr. is the first right turn.
Call Rachel or Joel at 892-9992 if you’re having difficulty.
4. Break the fast Pot Luck (Dairy, Vegetarian or Meat ) – Saturday September 30 at 6:30 pm – RSVP requested and for further information: email@example.com 902-368-1523(H) 902-628-5088 cell or text message
Location: Home of Annabel Cohen – 72 Trafalgar St. Charlottetown
Directions: From Capital Road (highway 2) and North River Road – go south on North River Road past Belvedere Rd. to Nassau St. make a left. Go 2 blocks and make a left on Trafalgar St. The house is on the right.
5. Sukkot and Pot Luck Lunch (dairy, vegetarian or meat dishes ok ) – Sunday October 8, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Note Anyone who wishes to use the sukkah for their own private family gathering on another day is welcome- please call to reserve your date and time.
Lulav and Etrog will be available.
Location: Home of Leo and Beverly Mednick
Directions: 130 Parkside Drive: From Charlottetown – Go North on North River Road. Make a left at Beach Grove Rd. (cross the Ellens Creek causeway), make a left on Parkside Drive (first street left) go to the end of the road last house on the left. 130 Parkside Drive.
Call Leo or Bev at 902-367-9731 if you’re having difficulty
6. Simchat Torah Shabbaton (pot luck) Friday October 13th