Every year, through the annual Campaign, the United Jewish Appeal (UJA) of Atlantic Canada helps strengthen Jewish life in Canada, Israel, and overseas. Your generous donation impacts Jews of all ages in communities throughout the world, wherever Jews are in need.
We fund and support a global network of Jewish organizations that nurture and sustain our Jewish community – of today and tomorrow – caring for people in need here at home, in Israel and around the world. A piece of every dollar you give helps to support:
- The Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) — which provides food, healthcare, and social services to hundreds of thousands of poor and elderly Jews across the world – including thousands in the Former Soviet Union – many of whom are Holocaust survivors and would not survive without this critical aid;
- The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) — which inspires Jews worldwide to connect with their people, heritage, and land by strengthening Jewish identity in youth in the Diaspora and Israel;
- Jewish Federations of Canada – United Israel Appeal (JFC-UIA) — which helps Canadian Jewish youth strengthen their Jewish identities with programs like March of the Living and Birthright Israel and connects Atlantic Canada to Israel by coordinating our partnership with Etzbah Ha’Galil;
- The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) — the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada that, among other things, fights antisemitism across our country and fosters strong relationships between Israeli and Canadian leaders;
- The Atlantic Jewish Council (AJC) — the local Atlantic Canadian partner of each of these organizations that, in addition to helping administer all of their programs locally, aims to support and enhance the quality of Jewish life across our region through running our own initiatives such as Holocaust Education Week, the PJ Library program, the critically-acclaimed Atlantic Jewish Film Festival, and, of course, Camp Kadimah.
Please help your Jewish community near and far by donating to the UJA Campaign of Atlantic Canada. This year (2018), a very generous anonymous donor has agreed to match any new gifts or increases to the UJA Campaign dollar-for-dollar up to a total of $18,000. That means that if you’ve never given to the UJA campaign before, the value of your gift will be doubled. And if you do give regularly to the campaign, any amount that you choose to increase your gift by will be doubled as well. There’s never been a better time to give!Donate to the 2018 UJA Campaign of Atlantic Canada now!