Looking for something to do this summer? Check out the following job we’re hiring for!
Special Projects Coordinator
Start Date: July 9th, 2018
End Date: Aug. 31st, 2018
Hours per week: 30
Number of weeks: 8
Hourly wage: $12.00
Location: Halifax, NS
- Helping plan, organize and coordinate all AJC programs/events including our upcoming Pride Shabbat Dinner, Camp Kadimah’s 75th-anniversary event, Mosaic multi-cultural festival, the Atlantic Jewish Film Festival, Holocaust Education Week, and UJA Campaign events.
- Cataloging and organizing AJC archival documents.
- Data input and reporting through our new TCM community database.
- Updating AJC social media accounts.
- Enhancing communication, public relations, and event-related marketing.
- Updating our community database on an ongoing basis and ensuring that all records/organizational lists are accurate and up-to-date.
- Soliciting advertisers for the upcoming Atlantic Jewish Film Festival & Shalom magazine.
- Assisting with accounting, including reconciliations.
- Keeping and maintaining records in a timely and professional manner.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor, Naomi Rosenfeld, Executive Director.
- Trustworthy with sensitive information, able to work independently.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Hebrew/Russian would be an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Results-oriented, proactive, and resourceful with a quality-standards approach.
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours, willing to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- Experience with Judaism/the Jewish community of Atlantic Canada, sale/fundraising, and/or marketing are considered assets
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to attend a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Applicants studying business, management, economics, psychology, sociology, social work, or related subjects will be given preference
*This position was made possible by a grant from Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs 2018 initiative. These are Service Canada’s criteria.
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to Naomi Rosenfeld by email at email@example.com or by mail to Atlantic Jewish Council, 5670 Spring Garden Rd., Suite 309, Halifax, NS, B3J 1H6.
Questions? Please contact Naomi Rosenfeld, Executive Director, at 902-422-7491×222
Please apply as soon as possible. An offer will be provided as soon as a qualified candidate is found.